Another exciting night in the NHL unfolded in front of our eyes last night, and we at BRLsports are here to tell you all about the best of the action.
Last Night’s Results
Ottawa Senators 7-3 COLUMBUS BLUE JACKETS
Chicago Blackhawks 0-3 PHILADELPHIA FLYERS
Boston Bruins 6-2 COLORADO AVALANCHE
Arizona Coyotes 4-0 ANAHEIM DUCKS
Last Night’s Biggest Headlines
* Duclair is reportedly the first rookie in Coyotes franchise history to record a hat trick since Daniel Carcillo did it on April of 2008 at Dallas.
* Mike Smith notched his 28th career shutout and improved his record to 3-0-0 with a GAA of 0.67 and an incredible save-percentage of .981, allowing just two goals in his three starts so far this year.
* D man Erik Karlsson had a career high four assists, making him the first Senator to do that since Joe Corvo did it in October of 2006 against the Maple Leafs.
* Tyler Rnadell scored his first ever NHL goal after being called up from the Providence Bruins earlier in the week. His deflection shot would eventually be the game-winning goal, giving the Bruins the all important 2 points.
* Boston native Jimmy Hayes had a career-high four points (1 goal, 3 assists), which were his first registered points as a member of the Bruins. Hayes was traded to Beantown by the Florida Panthers on July 1.
* Jonas Gustavsson made 20 saves to earn the win for the Bruins. This start was his first in the Black and Gold of Boston since signing as a member on October 4th.
Only four games were played last night, but plenty happened. Keep it here at BRLsports for the latest NHL updates.